House in Westward known for Halloween display catches fire

TRENTON NJ: Trenton firefighters battled the first alarm fire in the 700 block of Riverside Ave between General Green Ave Early morning Tuesday just after 1:00 Am. Firefighters encountered fire from the home’s first floor. Trenton Fire chief reported that one person was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Firefighters rescued one dog from home; unfortunately, the second did not survive the fire. The fire was placed under control at 2:30 Am. One dog was being administered oxygen and suffered burned was later transported by Trenton Humane Police after a while.

The fire is under investigation by the city Fire marshal. This home is no stranger to the Westward. The past 8 years, the Bakers have been putting on an impressive Halloween display that draws out a lot of attention to the home that sits off Route 29. Our condolences go out to the family of the loss of the pet.

One comment

Leave a Reply